The workshop is a non-competitive opportunity to receive feedback from festival adjudicators. After performing a single selection of their own choice, the adjudicators will offer written and verbal feedback to the participants and class. No marks, ribbons, awards or nominations are distributed. Memorization is not required. Both youth and amateur adult and senior musicians may participate. Participants may enter this class multiple times, once per selection they wish to perform. Classes are $30. When you register for a class, you will be asked to declare the participant’s age or the duet’s average age (their age is calculated according to how old they were on December 31st of the year prior to the festival year). After registration closes, the festival schedule’s construction begins. Schedule protocol is that no class will exceed eight participants or ninety minutes in length. In situations where there are more than eight participants registered for a class or a class exceeds ninety minutes in length, participants will be separated according to similar age groups and then sorted randomly into classes of eight or fewer participants. If you and your music teacher are unsure about which classes to register for or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the coordinator (Heidi - email@example.com) in advance to completing your registration.
Non-Competitive Workshop VIRTUAL
By registering for the Kitchener-Waterloo Kiwanis Music Festival, you agree to be bound by its rules and regulations. They are available in the Syllabus and online at www.kwkiwanismusicfestival.com/rules.
- Only persons who are living in the Region of Waterloo will be eligible to receive awards and provincial nominations.
- Videos must include a spoken introduction from the participant in which their full face is visible. This introduction must include their name, the title of their selection, the composer of the selection, and the class they are participating in.
- Video cameras must remain stationary during recording and must have a view of the full body (head to feet). For pianists, a decent view of the hands is required.
- The video must be a YouTube video that is set to “unlisted” and set to "No, it's not made for kids".
- The YouTube video title must follow this format:
“#KWKMF21 – FirstName LastName plays Title by Composer for Instrument / Level / Class”