GENERAL THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT FESTIVAL WOODWIND CLASSES
Participants may perform selections from a past or current syllabus edition from the Royal Conservatory of Music or Conservatory Canada. In classes for list A, B, C, D, E and Canadian Classes, the participant must play one selection that corresponds to the level and list letter or class description. In Etude classes, the participant must closely follow their instrument’s conservatory syllabus and perform the correct quantity of etudes from the correct lists to a maximum of two etudes. For participants who have exceeded level 10, Diploma classes are for participants who have not completed their practical diploma conservatory exam but are working towards it and Post-Diploma classes are for participants who have successfully completed their practical diploma conservatory exam. If you and your music teacher are unsure about which classes to register for or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the coordinator (Heidi - email@example.com) in advance to completing your registration.
CLASS SIZE & AGE DELINEATION BY ENROLMENT
When you register for a class, you will be asked to declare the participant’s age (their age is calculated according to how old they were on December 31st of the year prior to the festival year). After registration closes, the festival schedule’s construction begins. Schedule protocol is that no class will exceed eight participants or ninety minutes in length. In situations where there are more than eight participants registered for a class or a class exceeds ninety minutes in length, participants will be separated according to their age group and then sorted randomly into classes of eight or fewer participants.
PRICE OF CLASSES
- Classes that are level five and below are $30.00 each.
- Classes that are level 6-8 are $33.00 each.
- Classes that are level 9 and above are $36.00 each.
- Coupon: Participants registering for classes that require live piano accompaniment can register for four classes for the price of three when they enter the class discount code “KWKMF”. This discount does not apply to late registrations.
- Registration is open annually from December 1 until January 22, with late registration ending on January 31
By registering for the Kitchener-Waterloo Kiwanis Music Festival, you agree to be bound by its rules and regulations. They are available in the Syllabus and online at www.kwkiwanismusicfestival.com/rules.