Classes that are level five and below are $30.00 each. Classes that are level 6-8 are $33.00 each. Classes that are level 9 and above are $36.00 each. Participants registering for solo classes that require live piano accompaniment can register for four classes for the price of three when they enter the class discount code KWKMF. This discount does not apply to late registrations.
CLASS SIZE & AGE DELINEATION BY ENROLMENT
No class will exceed eight participants. In situations where there are more than eight participants registered for a class, they will be separated according to their age group and then sorted randomly into classes of eight or fewer participants.
Participants may perform selections from a past or current syllabus edition from the Royal Conservatory of Music or Conservatory Canada.
List A, B, C, D, E and Canadian Classes
Participant plays one selection that corresponds to the level and list letter or class description. For higher level sonatas, two movements maximum.
Participant must closely follow their instrument’s conservatory syllabus and perform the correct quantity of etudes from the correct lists to a maximum of two etudes.
Diploma and Post-Diploma Classes
Diploma classes are for participants who have not completed their practical diploma conservatory exam but are working towards it. Post-Diploma classes are for participants who have successfully completed their practical diploma conservatory exam.
- This festival will be known as the Kitchener-Waterloo Kiwanis Music Festival. It is hosted by the Kiwanis Club of Kitchener-Waterloo, Inc and referred to throughout the rules as "KWKMF".
- By registering for the KWKMF, you agree to be bound by the festival rules found in the PDF Syllabus, some of which are listed here.
- By registering for the KWKMF, you consent to the publishing of the participant’s name, photo and video taken by official festival media persons on the KWKMF's online and printed media outlets.
- Registration takes place from December 1 to January 22. Late registration takes place from January 23 to January 31 with a $10 late fee.
- In addition to the class fees, registrants will be charged a flat $5 registration fee. This will appear as a ‘shipping fee’ on your receipt.
- The KWKMF reserves the right to refuse any entry or change the program’s schedule at any time.
- The KWKMF does not issue refunds.
- Since the program is subjecdt to change, it is the participant's responsibility to ensure that their understanding of their schedule is up to date with the information on the festival website.
- This KWKMF is open to amateurs only.
- A participant's age is determined by their age on December 31st of the year prior to the year of the current festival.
- All participants must provide a legal copy of their music for the adjudicator.
- Participants must announce their name, the title of their selection, and the name of the composer.
- By registering for the festival, you agree to accept all of the festival results as final. All decisions made by a festival adjudicator or concert organizer with respect to class outcome, awards, provincial delegation, and concert performer nominations are irrevocable.
- Making contact with an adjudicator to discuss festival-related matters is not permitted. Adjudicators are required to report such correspondence to the festival committee.
- Photography and cellphone usage is prohibited in all festival performance spaces.
- Exemplary behaviour and consideration of other participants, volunteers and staff is expected at all times.
To read the remainder of the Rules and Regulations, please see the PDF copy of the Syllabus, on the festival website. There, you can find more information about class procedures, awards, and much more.