Each ensemble should register once per selection/movement they wish to perform. At the time of registering, each participant’s name will need to be entered and the ensemble’s average age declared.
CLASS SIZE & AGE DELINEATION
Ensembles will be asked to declare the ensemble’s average age when registering. All ensembles will be separated into individual classes according to the following age groups: 11 & Under / 12-15 Years / 16 & Above
Classical ensembles must perform in the classical technique on classical instruments. Steel-string ensembles must perform on steel-string guitars with the appropriate technique.
NOTE TO SCHOOL CHAMBER GROUPS OR LARGE GUITAR ENSEMBLES
These competitive chamber music classes are for students who are being instructed privately. School chamber groups should register in the "Large Ensembles" category, as those classes are scheduled during school hours. Community groups should also register in "Large Ensembles”.
- This festival will be known as the Kitchener-Waterloo Kiwanis Music Festival. It is hosted by the Kiwanis Club of Kitchener-Waterloo, Inc and referred to throughout the rules as "KWKMF".
- By registering for the KWKMF, you agree to be bound by the festival rules found in the PDF Syllabus, some of which are listed here.
- By registering for the KWKMF, you consent to the publishing of the participant’s name, photo and video taken by official festival media persons on the KWKMF's online and printed media outlets.
- Registration takes place from December 1 to January 22. Late registration takes place from January 23 to January 31 with a $10 late fee.
- In addition to the class fees, registrants will be charged a flat $5 registration fee. This will appear as a ‘shipping fee’ on your receipt.
- The KWKMF reserves the right to refuse any entry or change the program’s schedule at any time.
- The KWKMF does not issue refunds.
- Since the program is subjecdt to change, it is the participant's responsibility to ensure that their understanding of their schedule is up to date with the information on the festival website.
- This KWKMF is open to amateurs only.
- A participant's age is determined by their age on December 31st of the year prior to the year of the current festival.
- All participants must provide a legal copy of their music for the adjudicator.
- Participants must announce their name, the title of their selection, and the name of the composer.
- By registering for the festival, you agree to accept all of the festival results as final. All decisions made by a festival adjudicator or concert organizer with respect to class outcome, awards, provincial delegation, and concert performer nominations are irrevocable.
- Making contact with an adjudicator to discuss festival-related matters is not permitted. Adjudicators are required to report such correspondence to the festival committee.
- Photography and cellphone usage is prohibited in all festival performance spaces.
- Exemplary behaviour and consideration of other participants, volunteers and staff is expected at all times.
To read the remainder of the Rules and Regulations, please see the PDF copy of the Syllabus, on the festival website. There, you can find more information about class procedures, awards, and much more.