Participants may submit videos of selections from a past or current syllabus edition from the Royal Conservatory of Music or Conservatory Canada. In classes for list A, B, C, D, E, F, and Canadian Classes, the participant must play one selection that corresponds to the level and list letter or class description. Memorization is required, except when the selection is not required to be memorized in an examination. In Etude classes, the participant must closely follow their instrument’s conservatory syllabus and perform the correct quantity of etudes from the correct lists to a maximum of two etudes. For participants who have exceeded level 10, Diploma classes are for participants who have not completed their practical diploma conservatory exam but are working towards it and Post-Diploma classes are for participants who have successfully completed their practical diploma conservatory exam. If you and your music teacher are unsure about which classes to register for or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the coordinator (Heidi - firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance to completing your registration.
GENERAL THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT STEEL-STRING GUITAR CLASSES
Participants must perform one popular selection of their own choice on a steel-string guitar in a contemporary style. Participants will compete within the following age-groups: 7 & Under / 8-9 Years / 10-11 Years / 12-13 Years / 14-15 Years / 16-17 Years / 18-28 Years.
GENERAL THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT GUITAR ENSEMBLE CLASSES
Ensembles must perform one selection of their own choice. Classical guitar ensembles with steel-string guitar ensembles will compete in separate classes. Ensembles will compete within the following age-groups: 7 & Under / 8-9 Years / 10-11 Years / 12-13 Years / 14-15 Years / 16-17 Years / 18-28 Years.
CLASS SIZE & AGE DELINEATION BY ENROLMENT
When you register for a class, you will be asked to declare the participant’s age (their age is calculated according to how old they were on December 31st of the year prior to the festival year). After registration closes, the festival schedule’s construction begins. Schedule protocol is that no class will exceed eight participants or ninety minutes in length. In situations where there are more than eight participants registered for a class or a class exceeds ninety minutes in length, participants will be separated according to their age group and then sorted randomly into classes of eight or fewer participants.
PRICE OF CLASSES
- Classical Solo Classes that are level five and below are $30.00 each.
- Classical Solo Classes that are level 6-8 are $33.00 each.
- Classical Solo Classes that are level 9 and above are $36.00 each.
- Steel-String Solo classes are $30.00 each.
- Ensemble classes are $30.00 each.
By registering for the Kitchener-Waterloo Kiwanis Music Festival, you agree to be bound by its rules and regulations. They are available in the Syllabus and online at www.kwkiwanismusicfestival.com/rules.
- All festival events will follow government protocol, guidelines and recommendations.
- Any person entering a festival venue must be familiar with the specifics of how the festival is implementing current government recommendation as outlined on the festival website and be prepared to abide by them.
- This festival will follow the pandemic festival procedures as outlined by the CMFAA.
- The festival cannot take responsibility for any person contracting COVID-19 at a festival event. Persons enter festival venues at their own risk.
- Should the festival be cancelled at the last minute due to the pandemic, participants will be given the option to receive a full refund or submit a video to the same class in the virtual festival.